OK, just got a MacBook. Main reason being that my old laptop died. I needed a new portable device for Zwift in the basement. Don't judge me.

A few annoying things right off the bat ...

  • Learning curve - can you say cognitive dissonance? The OS / interface is just different enough that my brain is melting down. And the keyboard is different enough that I keep hitting wrong keys.
  • All new connectors - don't know about the throughput of the Thunderbolt ports yet, but if nothing else, I need adapters so i can plug in peripherals.
But some nice things ...
  • The OS feels more intuitive.
  • The PS experience feels better. PS seems to run in the MacOS that elegantly. 
  • The battery seems to last longer.
Here are some detail on these things have found out.
  • MacBook natively supports only one external monitor. Not a deal breaker, but this does pose a minor annoyance. 
  • The power cord must be plugged in order to use an external monitor with the laptop closed.

Comments

Popular Posts