Month of the German Biers




Here's another shot of the Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen.



Tis the season for the Germans Biers! Can't beat brews from the home of brewing.

Playing with the new (to me) Profoto snoot I got from KEH last week. Even with the snoot, the backlight is spread a little more that I was hoping for. Will try to focus an even narrower beam.  Shot with a circular polarizing filter. Kept rotating the filter until I got the highlights I like. One aspect of shooting digital that I have come to take for granted is the fact that one can try a lot of different variations of settings at a relatively low shot cost. I keep forgetting that back in the film days, I was afraid to experiment, especially when I was unsure of how the image would be rendered. Failed shots were costly, both in economic terms and in time.

Also from KEH I picked up a used Matthews portable light stand. It folds up, but it has the Matthews construction - it's solid as a rock. I am starting to realize that I am done with light weight light stands - I don't mind schlepping a C stand around (not too much, anyway). I will probably try to use the Matthews portable as I try to shoot more strobe shots outdoors.

Finally hit a million views in Flickr! It's only taken me 12 years...


Comments

Popular Posts