Zombingo Alpacalypse


Much to the horror of the HOA, the zombingos have invaded the front yard!



Recently got a used Pocketwizard FlexTT5, which enables a sync speed of 1/500 through PW's Hypersync. So I took the strobes outside, and shot the zombingos (With my camera. I seem to have misplaced the crossbow). I like how the background goes dark, even at f/4. If you look closely, you can detect a hint of orange and brown from the leaves on ground behind the zombingos. The FlexTT5 Hypersync mode requires full power setting on the strobes. I will need to try this out more, but the full power thing seems to limit how closely I can position the lights. Additional diffusion outdoors?!?!? The highlight kinda hot on the zombingo's head - perhaps a bigger diffuser would have spread out the highlight more.

I need to remember to shoot with different settings. I was so excited about the 1/500 sync speed that I forgot to try different shutter speeds. I wonder how much different this scene would be at 1/250. I wonder if I could have gotten the ambient light in the background this dark.

Also took the new (to me) Matthews folding light stand outside to hold up the strobe. Shot the Profoto strobe through the Westcott Rapidbox. Maybe next time I shoot a speedlite instead of the Profoto for a bigger f stop.

Comments

Popular Posts